Wednesday, March 5, 2008

a guestbook with Scottish flair

I wanted to create a unique guest book for my brother & his fiancee when they got married last year. They were going with a Scottish theme for the wedding (the men were all in kilts) and so I got to snag a little bit of the family tartan!

I felt that covering the entire guestbook in the tartan would be over the top (of course, the fact that it costs $200 per metre didn't help either!) I ended up using an embellished white taffeta with a strip of the tartan over top. To make it that much more Scottish I also found a lovely kilt pin with the clan crest on it, and pinned it onto the book. The tartan is topped off with a strip of white grosgrain ribbon that I embroidered with their names & the date of their wedding.

They loved it and it got filled up with good wishes, poems and dreams at their reception.

No comments: